Saturday, March 30, 2013

Ike's limited diet

Ike is the most thoughtful, sweet, creative, smart kid. I don't know what I did in my life to deserve such a good kid.

BUT...

You try to get him to eat something new and full blown melt down ensues, tears, running away and hiding to actually puking if we push it even a little.

Last night after trying to get him to try some chicken, you know it's just like a chicken nugget but without the breading. He was sitting with us and started tearing up at the thought of what he had put him through earlier, he said, "Mom and Dad you are really mean when you try to make me eat things". I said, "Ok Ike, how would you like us to approach you trying new things? Do you want me to make it into fun things like a bunny or a face? Should we mix things in without you knowing? Or do you want to start helping us cook and make your own food."

He was very excited about the idea of Cooking, so here we go. We came up with a few recipes he's willing to help make and then eat.

Cheese Ravioli with Sauce
Taco's
Strawberry Shake

I told him we would make a shopping list. I'd take him to the store and he could pick out the ingredients. Then we would come home and make it for the family.

This morning after he invented the Popover Pizza I thought it might be fun for him to start a blog, so he can go back and see what he made, and ate, and liked. Seeing as he has a habit of eating something new for a while then deciding he doesn't like it anymore.

Wish me luck!
--Ike's Mom

1 comment: